How to Get Tan with Dove Tanning Lotion & Maintaining Tan


Hi ladies! Today I will talk to you about how to maintain a tan, and which tanning product I prefer. I am not really about getting in the tanning bed since it increases your chances of skin cancer with 25% already after only one time in the tanning bed! The sun isn't healthy either in big quantities. That's why I am showing you this amazing product. Let's jump right in.

My go to favorite tanning lotion is the one by Dove. It's the No. 1 gradual self tanning product in Scandinavia. The lotion is white-brown and you can apply it easily like a normal lotion. It contains 250 ml. and can hold up to 12 months after opened.

Colors: It comes with two different colors Light - Medium Skin and Medium - Dark Skin. I've been experimenting with both colors, and I'm defiantly all about the medium - dark skin, since your tanning for one reason - TO GET TAN! The lighter one makes me look greenish and it doesn't give you that much color. If you want to get tan you should use the darker one.
For a full coverage (making sure no white spots) apply two layers - that will make you look tanner, and it will last longer. Let the first layer dry and then apply the next.

Scent: When you first smell it and rub it into your skin it smells nice and summer-like. BUT when you wake up it doesn't smell that good anymore, you will defiantly need a shower to wash of the smell.

Applying: Before applying the lotion I recommend you scrub your body (or the areas wanted tanned). That will help the tan last longer. It's very easy to apply and it dries fast unless you apply many layers.
Make sure to not touch your elbows, because dry areas will absorb the lotion way more than your soft skin. After applying wash your hands really good, cause you don't want those yellow looking hands so everyone can she you've been tanning - we want this to look as natural as possible. 
I recommend that you apply 30-40 min. before going to bed, so it can get into your skin (a tanning lotion needs 6-8 hours without sweating or taking a bath, swimming etc.) so it can develop into your skin nicely while you sleep.
When you wake up you should see great results! When you wake up I recommend taking a shower to get rid of the bad tanning scent.

Maintaining:  Maintaining a tan can be done through many different ways, you can drink a lot of water to keep your skin nice and soft, make a carrot smoothie (it helps keeping your tan) and you can invest in some very good lotions.




These two are really good lotions. The Loreal Sublime Body lotion and the Plaisir Body Lotion makes your skin the softest ever! I've honestly never tried any lotions like these two. Plaisir is a bit more high-end and loreal are a good drugstore alternative, if you don't want to go out and buy an expensive lotion.

I've used these lotion for a long time now and I defiantly see a difference between using them while having a tan or without. They make my tan last longer plus my skin gets really soft.

Now you can enjoy your tan!

(My little collection)

No comments: